Try this amazing beef brisket recipe. Sunchokes, along with carrots, mushrooms, and onions, make a flavorful bed for beef brisket in the crockpot. The vegetables soak up the juices of the beef. The sunchokes, also known as Jerusalem artichokes, taste much like new potatoes when cooked in this manner, but are much healthier and tastier for you.
* 1 pound sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes), scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 pound white mushrooms, cleaned and halved
* 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
* 1 medium onion, sliced thin
* 1 (4 to 5 pounds) beef brisket
* Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano flakes, crushed
* 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
Place sunchokes, mushrooms, and carrots in the bottom of a large oval crockpot. Spread onions on top.Season brisket on both sides with salt and pepper. Place on top of the vegetables, fat-side up. Sprinkle fat side of brisket with crushed oregano, then dry onion soup mix.Cover crockpot and set on Low for 8 hours.When done, remove brisket to a platter, cover with foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing against the grain. Serve with the vegetables and pot juices, accompanied by a green salad for a full meal...The beef brisket recipe is ready...nice taste. Great for parties !