Easy Beef Brisket Recipe with Vegetables
A nice beef brisket recipe to try !
* 1 large (turkey-size) oven cooking bag
* 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 3 to 4 pounds flat-cut beef brisket
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed between your palms
* Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
* 3 pounds baby red potatoes, peeled and left whole
* 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch lengths
* 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and halved
* 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
* 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced thin
* 1 package Lipton dry onion soup mix
* 1 package Knorr mushroom gravy mix
* 1 cup tomato juice
* 1 cup water
* Cooking spray (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place flour in cooking bag and shake bag so that the flour reaches all parts of the inside. Place bag in a large roasting pan and spread the flour evenly over the bottom with your fingers.
Using the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper, season both sides of the brisket. Place beef brisket, fat-side up, in the cooking bag on top of the flour.
Spread potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and whole garlic cloves evenly around the outside of the brisket inside the bag. Spread the thin-sliced onions on top of the beef brisket.
In a mixing bowl, combine onion soup mix, gravy mix, tomato juice, and water until combined. Pour on top of brisket and vegetables. You may wish to lightly spray the tops of the vegetables with cooking spray so they do not discolor. Seal the bag with the plastic tie provided. Cut 4 slits (1-inch) in the top of the bag for ventilation.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing brisket. Slice beef brisket against the grain into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and natural gravy from the bag. The beef brisket recipe is ready....delicious ! Enjoy it !