Southern-Style Beef Brisket Dinner Recipe
A nice beef brisket recipe to try !
* 1 (4-pound) fresh beef brisket
* Water to cover
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 4 yellow onions, halved
* 1 pound Italian sweet sausage links
* 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 6 large potatoes, peeled and halved
* 2 green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into quarters
* 1 (15-1/4-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
* 1 (38-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
* 1 head green cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
* 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans or chick peas, drained
* Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, place beef brisket and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, onions, and Italian sausage; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beef brisket is fork-tender.
Add carrots, garlic, potatoes, bell peppers, corn, tomatoes, cabbage, and garbanzo beans or chick peas; simmer another 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat; drain off broth and pour into a tureen. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer beef brisket and sausage onto a cutting board; slice and transfer onto a serving platter. Place vegetables onto a serving platter. The beef brisket recipe is ready to serve the broth in small soup bowls....nice ! Bon apetit !