Yankee Beef Brisket Pulled Barbecue Recipe
An amazing beef brisket recipe to try !
Beef Brisket Recipe Ingredients:
* 4 pounds beef brisket or chuck roast (pork shoulder may also be used)
* 3-1/2 ounce bottle liquid smoke
* 2 cups chopped onions
* 1/4 cup cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
* 2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
* 1 Tablespoon dark molasses
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
* 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
* 1 cup ketchup
* 1/2 cup chili sauce (ketchup type)
* 1/2 lemon, sliced
* 1 Tablespoon salt or to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Beef Brisket Recipe INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Put the beef brisket meat on a rack in a roasting pan, fat side up. Pour liquid smoke around it. Seal the pan with foil and place in the oven. Roast the beef brisket for 4 hours or until tender, turning once. Uncover for the last 30 minutes to brown.
Remove the beef brisket from the oven and let meat cool. Wrap in plastic and place in refrigerator. Save the pan juices separately. Refrigerate overnight. Remove beef brisket meat and uncover. Trim away any remaining fat. Pull the meat into small shreds.
Remove the hardened fat from the pan juices. In a large pot melt 3 tablespoons of the hardened fat over medium heat, add the onions, and saute until tender. Add vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, molasses, cayenne, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, chili sauce, lemon, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of the pan juices. Simmer and stir well for 20 minutes over low heat.
Add the pulled meat to the sauce and simmer very slowly, uncovered for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Add more juice if necessary to keep meat moist. The beef brisket recipe pulled is ready to serve...nice ! Enjoy !